Hawaii State Fellowship Program
2016 Travel Fellowships for Teachers from Hawaii
Thanks to the generosity of the Beatrice M.H. Young Foundation from Hawaii, we are pleased to offer four $1500 travel fellowships for middle school or high school teachers from Hawaii to attend our 2016 Teachers Workshop.
Application Deadline: June 7, 2016. Winners notified: June 14, 2016.
- Applicant is currently a middle or high school teacher teaching at a public, parochial, or independent school in Hawaii at the 6th‐12th grade level.
- Applicant has been teaching or intends to teach modern China in his/her school.
- Applicant teaches subjects such as World History, Asian Studies, Social Studies, Mandarin or other Asian Languages, or other relevant areas.
How to Apply:
- Fill out the 2016 Teachers Workshop Application. On this application, after selecting Hawaii as the state of your school, fill in the “Reasons for applying for the Hawaiian Fellowship”. Deadline for application is June 7, 2016. Winners will be notified by June 14, 2016.
- Have the head of your school or another senior administrator write an e‐mail to email@example.com endorsing your application. This endorsements must be received by June 7, 2016.
To Receive the Fellowship, You Must:
- Attend all sessions of the Workshop on both days, participate in all the activities, and fill in all the required forms.
- Submit at least one lesson plan to our 2016 Lesson Plan Contest by the September 30, 2016 submission deadline. These lesson plans can be submitted before the Workshop.
How the Fellowship Is Administered:
- Fellowship recipients make their own travel arrangements such as air transportation, hotels, ground transfers and meals (note: continental breakfast and lunch are provided by the Workshop).
- The 1990 Institute can provide assistance on information about the Bay Area and recommendations for nearby hotels, etc., but is not responsible for the travel arrangements of the fellow(s).
- The $1500 Fellowship Grants will be given out on July 28, 2016, the second day of the Workshop. (Note that fellows do not receive the $200-$300 stipend that is given to teachers from the continental U.S. Also, should the fellow wishes to receive the CEU credit, $200 will be deducted from the fellowship to cover the cost of the CEU.)
Any questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.