- Goals/Objectives: Provides clear and consistent goals, including Common Core standard, detailed essential questions and student take-aways.
- Step-by-step Instructions: Provides concise, easy to follow step-by-step instructions with a well-defined purpose and are fully aligned with the handouts and other resources.
- Student Activities: Includes engaging student-centered activities that incorporate a variety of critical thinking skills.
- Handouts: Requires students to use the source information with a high degree of critical thinking.
- Resources: Provides a balance of resources from Chinese and International perspectives.
- Factual Accuracy: Facts stated in the lesson plan can be substantiated.
Bonuses – A bonus is extra money added to the prize of a winning entry. Items specified in this list do not influence the judging.
- (1): Uses 1990 Institute-provided resources from the 2013 and 2014 “China’s Growing Global Impact” workshops. (See Teaching Resources.)
- (2): Includes GATE, SPED, or ELL adaptations.